Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I love to hear the sound of the rain gently falling on my metal roof. Reminds me that even Mother Nature washes clean the world in which we live. When the sun comes out and everything is bright and green the birds sing a song of rejoicing. Its almost like the entire world is smiling and happy after the storm no matter how gentle or harsh it may be.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all had that view of appreciation that nature gives? So often I take for granted  my life. I expect that tomorrow will just another ordinary day. Each day I wake up to the same routine: say a little prayer of thanks for the day, fall into my morning habits and carry on. No break in cycle- no renewal, no cleansing rain.
I think at times we get so bogged down in daily life we forget to actually look at what passes us by. The simple things that make me happy, hearing the giggles of little ones being tickled, an act of kindness towards someone else, the easy laugh of two friends sharing a joke... the simple things that can't be bought or reproduced by anyone. Those are the gifts that life brings us everyday that we all take for granted.
Today, I plan on taking pause on the routine, listening to the rain in my life, enjoying the storm that God is testing me with. I'm going to renew myself in the knowledge that I will bring joy into the lives of people who care about me. Understanding that there is a strength to ride out the storm and remain calm in the face of the worse, I know will bring out the sun, brightening and renewing my piece of the world.
Today is my storm, I welcome it, let it bring clarity to my mind, energy to my body and strength into my heart. Let me be brave enough to ride it out and know tomorrow may be a long way off but I will hear the rejoicing song of celebration after. Who knows, I might even jump in the puddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment